Innovation & Construction
The Lafarge Research Center (LCR) gathers 250 researchers. "It brings together, on a single site, all of the scientific experts who are needed to master materials: chemists, physicists, powder specialists, rheologists, etc.", as Gilles Chanvillard, Materials & Modeling Scientific Director explains.
- A budget of more than 115 million euros.
- An international network of over 1,000 employeesat the Group's Research Center, technical centers and development laboratories.
- The Research center, near Lyon (France): a skills hothouse with 240 experts of over a dozen nationalities and 15,000 square meters of laboratories.
For Lafarge, improving energy efficiency is a twofold issue:
• reducing the energy consumed during the manufacturing of its products;
• developing products and solutions which can improve the energy efficiency of buildings over their entire lifecycle.