Facts & Figures
- 90 countries
- 100,000 employees
- CHF 29.5 bn in net sales
- 374.0 mt of installed capacity worldwide
- 2,500 plants (including over 1,500 in ready mix concrete, over 600 in aggregates and over 200 in cement and grinding plants)
- Our solutions and services: cement, concrete, and aggregate solutions for the following businesses: buildings, infrastructure, distribution, oil and gas, affordable housing, and construction systems
- CEO: Eric Olsen
- Founded in 2015 following the merger of Lafarge and Holcim
We are local everywhere
- Balanced presence in 90 countries
- Leadership positions in each of the world's regions, especially emerging markets
We innovate for our customers
- Anticipate and meet customers' many evolving needs with solutions driven by efficiency, reliability, and cost. Capacity to fulfill current and future requirements; prepared to innovate, to adapt existing practices, and to challenge the status quo.
- Customized solutions and sectoral offerings that address individual, professional, and industrial end-users' needs for highly technical and sustainable applications with the widest range of solutions, products, services, and specific offers.
- The industry's largest research and development center in the world, with a network of development laboratories in key regions.
We set new health and safety and sustainability standards
- Innovative sustainable cement, concrete, and aggregates products to help customers improve their buildings' energy efficiency and increase materials recycling.
- Solutions for long-term reductions in CO2 emissions per ton of cement in our manufacturing processes (innovative production techniques, alternative energy sources, waste management programs, preservation of water resources, etc.).
- The "zero harm to people" principle. We give priority to health and safety and to the reduction of lost-time incidents for our employees, contractors, and stakeholders.
We bring our global strength to the local level with a unique business model
- New, less capital-intensive approach to investment. With our world footprint, there is no need for large acquisitions; we will be able to selectively invest in the most promising markets.
- The capacity to disseminate best practices (consistency, quality, and innovation of our cement, concrete, and aggregates solutions) over a larger number of countries.
- Significant scale savings through procurement (bags, spare parts, chemicals, insurance, etc.) and critical size for waste management and alternative fuels.
We ensure people can bring their best
- 100,000 employees with unparalleled opportunities in our industry
- The best professionals of our sector, in all our fields: operations, management, support functions, etc.
- A safe, healthy, caring and inclusive workplace, open to a diversity of ideas, values, and experiences.
- Strong values: integrity, excellence, trust, and innovation.